Want to save on your home and auto insurance policies? If so, bundling is often the key to shaving off a significant portion of your premiums. Many families in Edmonton and elsewhere spend thousands of dollars each year on the various types of coverage they need. For example, if your family has more than one car, multiple properties and a business, then you could easily spend upwards of $5,000 a year on insurance. Bundling your various policies is one of the best ways to get significant discounts as well as a number of other perks.
What exactly is bundling?
In the insurance world, bundling simply refers to the buying of multiple types of insurance from a single provider. Usually this is done in order to pay smaller premiums and possibly to gain other types of benefits.
5 Advantages of bundling your insurance
The more insurance policies you combine, the greater the potential rewards. The main advantages of bundling are as follows:
- Get a discount. Good insurance doesn’t come cheap and reducing premiums is the main reason people choose to bundle their policies. On average, clients save 10 per cent on what they pay yearly for insurance when they bundle.
- Simplify your life. It’s far easier to renew your insurance once every year than it is to renew multiple policies at different times over a twelve-month period. Less paperwork and hassle is a key benefit of bundling your car, home and other insurance
- A smaller deductible. As an added incentive to get consumers to bundle, many insurance providers will reduce their deductibles. When you do need to make a claim, you’ll therefore pay significantly less as a result of bundling.
- Only one deductible. In the event of a natural disaster striking Edmonton, your car, your home and any additional property and vehicles you own may all simultaneously incur damage. If you’ve bundled your policies, it’s likely that you’ll only be on the hook for one deductible rather than several. This could save you thousands of dollars.
- Added features to your policy. Many providers will offer extra perks to their policies when you bundle. For example, additional liability on your home or rental insurance is commonly offered to encourage consumers to bundle.
How a brokerage can help you bundle
If you have a home (either rented or owned) and at least one vehicle, than you can benefit from bundling your insurance policies. But doing the legwork required to get multiple quotes and find the best deal can be time consuming and even confusing. To get the best deal, you need to compare not just rates, but what’s offered with each plan.
An insurance broker is the ideal person to navigate the tricky landscape of insurance policies and find you the maximum coverage at the lowest rate. In Edmonton, HDF Insurance is a brokerage connected with multiple providers. Contact us today to get the best insurance at the most affordable rate.